Champion Gun Safe Door Design
A good gun safe is one that’s most secure and built with the highest quality materials. The great thing about Champion’s safes is that they are built with American- made, high-strength steel. When looking for the perfect gun safe, door strength is a critical factor seeing that most attacks usually target the door.
So, what defines a robust and secure safe door?
The amount and quality of steel and where it is added inside the safe door. Champion Safe uses high-quality, American-made steel with full sheets of inner door steel where some others are just using partial sheets.
Strength of the boltworks. Good quality boltwork comprises of:
- The bolt size and the bolt count – the bigger the size and greater the number of door bolts, the greater security of your gun safe door.
- 4-way boltworks – Active door bolts should be added to all four sides of the door for increased security.
- Active bolts – this provides door cinch that tightly secures the safe door against the casement.
- Bolt-Dent system – this protects the safe’s mechanism and exterior finish from damage when you open the safe door.
Door and lock defense mechanisms. Champion has created two intricate mechanisms for operating your safe’s boltworks to ensure both the interior and exterior are not damaged. These are the:
- Four-way cam with cam-lock – prevents pressure from damaging the safe’s internal parts.
- Pinion-Driven Radial Gear – to operate the larger boltworks n the Crown Series. This system is unsurpassed for its strength, precision, and smoothness.
How securely the door is attached to the safe’s body. Champion incorporates heavy duty ball-bearing internal hinges that increase security.
Incorporating all these factors, Champion has developed two high-security doors, the Delta Force™ and the Double Plate Steel Door™.
Delta Force™ Door (Available on Crown and Triumph Gun Safe Series)
If you are looking for the best pry-resistant safe door designed and developed using state-of-the-art technology, the Delta Force™ is the safe door you want.
For years, mechanical engineers have used triangular or delta-shaped reinforcements to boost structural strength. The gun safe’s delta shape provides unmatched rigidity and security. It’s constructed from high-quality outer steel that can be up to 3/8” thick.
The interior part of the door is made from 10-gauge steel and 1/4” thick steel bar is welded all-around the safe door’s perimeter to fortify it. For fire security, multiple layers of fire insulation are sandwiched in between the layers of steel in the inside part of the door.
Double Plate Steel Door™ (Available on Trophy, Medalist & Model T Gun Safe Series)
These sturdy doors are created using two American made steel plates with fire insulation sandwiched in between. For greater strength and security, the edge of the door is reinforced using up to for thick layers laminated steel. With this innovative design, you are guaranteed of up to 13 times greater door rigidity and strength of the normal gun safe door.
We’ve been delivering superior quality and unmatched security and elegance since 1999. You can depend on Champion Safe Co. to provide security for your valuables and your home using our top-of-the-line gun safe doors. Our gun safe doors have been designed and constructed using modern machining techniques that are intricately combined with authentic and old-fashioned craftsmanship.